Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cafe Rio's Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing

I lived in Utah for about two years before I finally got around to trying Cafe Rio. When I admitted to one of my friends I had never tried it, he declared it a travesty and treated me to lunch. Let me tell you, Cafe Rio is definitely worth the hype.

One of the most popular things at Cafe Rio is actually their Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing. Even people like me who don't order their salads (chicken burrito for life!), often order their dressing on the side. Seriously, this stuff is magical. While this dressing isn't completely spot on, it is delicious and may tempt you to eat all the greens in your house.

IMG_9035

The only change I made is I substituted Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise.

Would I make this again? Only as long as I continue to eat things.

Cafe Rio's Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing

Ingredients:

1 c mayonnaise
1/2 c milk or buttermilk
1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (ignore package directions)
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 c roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 c green salsa (comes in a small can in the Mexican food isle, look for La Costena or Herdez brands, the main ingredient is tomatillo)
Hot sauce (like Tabasco), to taste

Directions:

1. Combine mayo, milk, lime juice. and ranch packet powder in a blender. Add garlic, cilantro, and green salsa and blend until thoroughly mixed. Add a little hot sauce until desired heat is reached.

2. Refrigerate several hours before serving to allow dressing to thicken and flavors to blend.

IMG_9033

Source: Our Best Bites

No comments:

Post a Comment