Saturday, November 10, 2012

Things that make me sad


1. Living alone

I've never lived on my own. Ever. I know some people like the space and the freedom, but I'm not one of those people. I like full houses. Homes full of people and love and the smell of delicious dinners. At the end of this month I have to move into my own place and it breaks my heart a little bit. I know there will be a lot of positives once I adjust, but I don't like it one bit. Like most people I've always secretly hoped my life would be like the show Friends and I'm having a hard time accepting it isn't.

2. An abandoned book

I haven't had the time to read lately and it hurts my soul.

3. Growing apart

A year ago my life was completely different. I had close friendships with people that I thought would last a long time. Even though I've made friends with some amazing people over the last six months, I still find myself mourning the friendships I thought I'd have. Some days I think I should try to mend fences. Other days I question how I could care so much about things people seem to care so little about.

4. Cooking for one

Is there anything more depressing? Feeding people is in my blood. I miss it.

5. Numbness

Some days I worry I'll never feel anything as strongly as I once did. And it's just so sad.


1 comment: