Friday, January 11, 2013

Give up the shit that weighs you down

Sometimes there's nothing left to do but let things go.

And I don't say this as if it's easy. I realize how incredibly hard it can be to clear out the ghosts that haunt your thoughts. How you can hold onto something for so long, that it becomes a strange comfort. I know first hand how pride can become a bitter mistress, but eventually there will come a day when you just can't hold on anymore. The extra weight becomes unwieldy and you realize you're no longer sure why you cared so much in the first place.

The other day I started laughing out loud in the car when I realized I'd finally let go of the hope of something that was never gonna happen. Then this song came on, highlighting how funny life can be, and I sang my heart out.

Some days everything is perfectly okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment