Cafe Rio is a Mexican chain out here in Utah and it is seriously delicious. I've mentioned the restaurant before, but you seriously can't beat their smothered burritos. Yum.
While I don't think this recipe tastes anything like Cafe Rio's shredded chicken, it is still really really good. It is one of my go to recipes and I love using the leftovers for baked taquitos and little taco salad appetizers in baked wonton wrappers (along the lines of this).
Cafe Rio Chicken (in a Crock Pot)
2 lbs chicken breasts ( I use boneless)
1/2 cup zesty italian dressing
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 pkt ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup of water
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
1. Place chicken in a crock pot.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
3. Cook on High 5-6 hours OR on Low 8 hours.
4. Remove chicken from crock pot and shred. Add the chicken to the crock pot and combine with the liquid left in the crock pot. You want the chicken nice and moist.
5. Serve in tacos, burritos, salad, quesadillas, etc. I got two meals from this. I did tacos with some and quesadillas another time with the leftovers. This meat freezes well.
Source: Real Mom Kitchen