Monday, August 19, 2013

Hello Stranger

Can the year really be almost over? A slow panic overcomes me when I think about all the things I haven't yet begun to do, but there's also a creeping satisfaction when I think about all the things I have. Either way, I still can't believe summer is already over. The days drag on but the weeks fly by.

I know it's been a long time since I posted anything, but I've been busy living. What no one tells you about the old adage "work hard, play harder" is that you will be exhausted. I've gotten so used to being on the go that I'm trying to relearn how to just sit and be still again.


While I've met some wonderful people and gotten into more than my share of shenanigans, I feel like I've lost some sense of balance in my daily life. I spend too much time working and not enough time reading. I've stopped cooking for most of my meals and I can't even remember the last time I was at the gym. I am not okay with this. Since blogging helped me be accountable for my choices before, I'm hoping I can use it as a motivational tool once again.

So I guess this is my tentative return to blogging. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment