Monday, August 19, 2013

Songs for the End of Summer


This summer hasn't really felt like summer to me. Maybe it's because the sun has been shyer than usual. Even though it's been hot, too many of our days have been overcast. Or maybe it's because I work too much and forget to enjoy the warm weather while it's here. Either way, school starts next week so it's time to prepare myself for the craziness and joy fall always is. And what better way is there to do that but with some kick ass music?

All of these songs sound like the end of summer to me. I've noticed a lot of them have an electronic sound which is interesting.

Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey:



Almost all of Lana Del Rey's music sounds like the end of summer to me. It has the slow and hazy quality about it that reminds me of long days and longer nights.

Young Blood by The Naked and Famous:



This song just sounds nostalgic. It makes me want to go on long drives and stay up too late.

Summer’s Gone by The Kinks:



Name really says it all doesn't it?

True Affection by The Blow:




True Loves by Hooray for Earth:



I've shared this song before, but it's just too perfect.

Heartbeats by The Knife:



I came across this song on Pandora and I just adore it.

Pompeii by Bastille:



Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding:



This is the perfect song to transition into fall. It just sounds like wonderful things are around the corner.

So goodbye summer. Hello fall...


No comments:

Post a Comment