Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bryce and Zion Trip

Sometimes wonderful things are so close to you that you can't really see them. Whether it be a wonderful friendship or a giant natural wonder, it's often easier to think about what you don't have. I have the bad habit of sitting around and dreaming of expensive vacations, but I never think of the places that are just a short drive away. The canyons in southern Utah are the perfect example of this. When a friend of mine mentioned driving down to see Bryce and Zion canyon, I couldn't say no.

And what a lovely trip it was.

IMG_3698
IMG_3544
IMG_3706
IMG_3642
IMG_3623
IMG_3767
IMG_3747
IMG_3580
IMG_3579
IMG_3775
IMG_3729

While we had originally intended to only stay for one night, I had a leak in my brake line and the holiday made it impossible to get the part we needed until Tuesday. Even though it was really stressful and quite expensive to be stuck in St. George, it was nice to have the extra day. The canyons are more impressive than I could ever explain and there's something moving about feeling so small in the face of such sheer enormity.

Now I just need to see the Grand Canyon. Road trip anyone?

1 comment: