Saturday, December 7, 2013

Things do not change, we change



Have you ever taken a good hard look at your life and found it lacking? It's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind that we forget to focus on growing as people and fostering habits or hobbies that we love. Lately I've thought a lot about the kind of person I want to be and the type of life I want to have. Like most people I'm just not there yet, but there are five areas I've decided I'm gonna focus on. Because it's never too late to change for the better.

1. Get my sleep under control

I have always had horrible sleep habits. If I could stay up all night and sleep all day I would do so happily. I tend to sleep too much or not nearly enough and that's resulted in me always being tired. It's not a lot of fun.

2. Go to the gym

I've been complaining about not going to the gym for too long. I'm hoping to combine this with my waking up early plan.

3. Live with less

I love to buy stuff. Honestly, when I'm not working I'm either napping, shopping, or eating. There's more to life then pretty objects and I need to figure out how to budget and stop wasting my money on useless crap. It's not gonna be easy, but I'm planning to stop using shopping as a leisure activity right away.

4. Learn another language

Language has always been the hardest classes I've taken. I failed Spanish and French (twice!). But I really want to be bilingual. I think it's just a really good skill to have and I plan on trying again.

5. Take up some hobbies

I used to paint and be really creative but I've completely stopped. I want to try sewing again and maybe take up archery.

I know people talk a lot about how they want to change, but I'm hoping this blog post will help keep me accountable. And if you have any tips or suggestions then let me know! I'd also like to stop eating out as much but I'm gonna hold off on that one until sleeping and working out gets figured out. Baby steps as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment