Friday, January 3, 2014

California in Pictures


As I said in my last post, I spent the last week and a half in California with my family for Christmas. While we spent the first four days in Disneyland, the rest of the week was spent in San Diego and Vista. As you can see by the pictures, we spent some time at the beach and Balboa Park. We also stayed at the coolest Marriott in the Gaslamp Quarter which used to be an old bank. It still had the vault and everything. My mom lives in Barrio Logan
and all the street art is from Chicano Park. The park has the country's largest collection of outdoor murals and is an amazing explosion of color. I could have spent all day exploring the beautiful pillars in the park. Holden said it was the best Christmas he's ever had and I have to agree. We even got to open the park one day at California Adventure. How lucky is that?

















Even though it was stressful at times, I needed to get away. It's funny how I always feel like I'm finally going home when I head to San Diego. When I see the ocean, I know I've arrived. But then, something strange happens. I also feel like I'm going home when I turn around and leave. I guess that's just what happens when you leave pieces of your heart in different places.

I hope everyone had a good holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment