Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Song Per Boy

A song came on the radio the other day and it made me think of my first boyfriend. Then I started thinking about what songs would perfectly encapsulate each of my relationships and this is what I came up with.

It's a little overly simplistic but it's also kind of fun.

Keith

Riptide by Vance Joy:



I know this is probably a weird choice for a love song, but something about it just sounds like the slow change I felt deep inside. I never stopped loving Keith. It wasn't the love that changed. I changed. I sang the words wrong and sank into the riptide.

Ryan

You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette:



Okay this one is typical but we all know deep down I'm just another angry 90s chick.

Mistake #1

Why Don't You Love Me by Beyonce:



Anger and resentment pretty much sum it up.

Adventure #2

Volcano by Damian Rice:



This is the perfect song for a variety of reasons. Damian Rice has such a delicate sound and there's something bittersweet about the lyrics to this song. Give me miles and miles of mountains and I'll ask for the sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment