One of my friends posted a picture of the cutest little cherry danishes on Facebook and I was determined to make some for myself. I have no idea if this is a similar recipe, but I couldn't be happier with the results. The crescent rolls are the perfect base for the sweet cream cheese and the tart cherries. I am not a huge fan of cream cheese desserts, but these have the perfect amount of filling without it being too much.
How cute are these? I will make them for my Christmas Eve dinner, but they would also be be great with coffee or brunch.
Would I make this again? Definitely. What a simple and yet beautiful dessert.
Mini Cherry Cheese Danishes
1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
flour, just for dusting
4 ounces soft cream cheese
⅓ cup sugar
1 can cherry pie filling
⅓ cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the filling by mixing cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Open the container of rolls and do no unroll them. Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut through them like slice/bake cookies. Make 10 slices.
4. Lay each slice on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Use a measuring cup to flatten each roll out and build a small wall around the edge.
6. Dollop a small amount of filling into each "danish."
7. Add a teaspoonful of cherries.
8. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
9. While the danishes cool, combine milk and sugar to create sugar glaze. Drizzle over danishes and serve.
Source: Hugs & Cookies