Sunday, January 10, 2016

My body is still in love with you

Do you think it's possible for the nerves of our bodies to remember things long after the memory fades?

I can feel a new rhythm slowly settling over my life. I feel more clear headed than I have in a while. I can sleep again. I am mostly eating again and I'm starting to feel more like my old self. There are moments that still hurt, but they seem to not last as long nor happen as frequently. Friendly Alana, a woman who can charm anyone, has made a reappearance. I am getting my confidence back and I find myself flirting and talking in a way I haven't done in a while. It's like a much needed stretch after a long period of inactivity.

My body has not forgotten you though.

In the spaces between my thoughts, my body demands to be touched by you. It feels like a betrayal as I feel myself flush in anticipation of a moment that will never come. A release that will never be granted. I try to appease my thirsty body with the mouth of another. But there are no others. Not for my traitorous body.

You touched me and galaxies blossomed beneath your fingertips.

The lips of a beautiful man becomes a lonely place. The embrace of another is nothing more than a reflection of desires unfulfilled. I am unappeasable. My mind seeks relief, but my body will not forget you. I feel the two bicker and snarl at each other, jarring me out of the moment. I can't stay in the moment long enough to truly enjoy it.

All are compared to you.

My body refuses to be satisfied with another. It longs and demands like a small child. A wild animal pacing its cage. Does your body long for mine as well I wonder? Can you remember the sweetness of my thighs and the warmth of my desire? Can your fingertips still remember the curves of my body? The feel of my mouth pressed against yours? Does it call to you as it does me? Or is my body merely answering an echo of passion long gone?

My body is still in love with you.

ETA: This is what happens when you've been drinking and you think it's a good idea to be "honest."

No comments:

Post a Comment