Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Two Tone Eyes

Anyone who knows me knows I adore makeup. There is just something transformative about it. For a long time makeup has been given a bad reputation for being the tool of the patriarchy, but that's an incredibly simplistic way of looking at. It is also belittling to the women who choose to wear it.

For me, make up has helped me come to terms with my identity. I would not be Alana without it. And if that makes me shallow, well I'd rather be a shallow version of myself than anything else.

When I saw this tutorial for a two tone makeup look, I fell instantly in love. It's just so interesting and creative in a way that is still wearable (for me at least). The liner and the lashes ground the look. I've worn the look out twice now and both times I've gotten a lot of compliments. If you're looking for something new to try, I would definitely give it a go.



I waited too long to pick up the Mi Vida Loca Palette (*sobs*) so I just used a random blue and yellow eyeshadow I had in my collection. I used the colour pop liners which are AMAZING and super affordable. I decided to use blue and yellow instead of just blue and it worked out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment